Your resume is a success key for your carrier. If you are a designer and your resume lacks important information required in any designer’s resume, you will definitely lose a chance of getting a desired profile or job.
Here is a sample design resume, which will help you to create an optimized design resume for your job application. First and foremost comes your contact information, which must have followings points.
- Full name
- Permanent addresses
- Telephone/Mobile numbers
- Email address
This is the next point that must be in your resume. The objective should consist of a short and brisk statement that includes a position that is in the hold along with relevant skills.
Here mention all your educational qualifications in reverse chronological order, required information include:
- Degree(s) and major
- Date of graduation (month and year)
- Universities you attended
- Location of universities (city and state)
- Any certifications or licenses related to your degree
This includes both language and computer skills and may also comprise job-specific skills of any kind:
- Computer skills: List exact languages and programs.
- Language skills: Specify language with your level of proficiency.
- HTML, Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw, several other Web Designing and Graphic Designing Softwares.
In this section write about your previous work experience which may include the following information:
- Begin by listing the most recent experience first.
- Employer name and location (city and state).
- Dates of employment.
- Active description of your achievements and responsibilities.
If you want to list down your extra-curricular activities which involve different organizations, student governments, club athletics, and professional affiliations. You can use action verbs to explain your duties, responsibilities as well as accomplishments similar to the way you did in the experience section.
Listed below are a few but important tips that will help you build an effective designer’s resume.
- Prioritize your job duties by importance: Make a list of each and every duty that you have performed on your job. Then prioritize the list, beginning with the most important one.
- Market your best skills: To advance your career, try to focus on your best possible skills. Few examples are listed below which can be used as headings for your resume. For instance: Art Direction, direct art freelancer, etc.
- Apply for positions that match your highest skills: Using your strong language skills and describing your potentials makes the employers aware of your value and skills as an employee.
This designer resume template will surely help you to write your own resume in a successful manner.