There are many people who care about their teeth but neglect the health of the eyes. Eye health is important as it is the crucial organ of our body. People care for heart disease, cancer, and a few other diseases but do not care much about their eyes. For these people, here we have provided a few simple-to-follow eye health care steps to get rid of a few common eye diseases.
- Protect your eyes from the sun: Protecting your eyes from the sun is the most important tip to follow for eye health. Exposure to the sun has been connected greatly to cataract formation as well as maybe macular degeneration. It is strictly suggested to wear regular glasses or sunglasses for the right protection of your eyes from dangerous ultraviolet rays. One should make use of UV protective glasses as they not only give you protection from cataracts but also from a few eye diseases. UV rays are dangerous for the eyes as they can cause growths on the surface of the eyes, which are known as pterygium. Such sun injury can make a person to lose vision and may need surgery. One can even make use of clear lenses with UV coating for the protection of eyes from dangerous rays of the sun.
- Get the nutrition essential for the eyes: One should follow an anti-inflammatory diet for getting the right nutrition. It is suggested to eat foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids. One should avoid saturated fats. Taking monounsaturated fats is not harmful to the body. Including cold-water fish like halibut, salmon and mackerel are best. Eating plenty of green vegetables has many health benefits. One should eat spinach, kale, and collard greens that provide an antioxidant called lutein. It is very crucial to eat anti-inflammatory foods and observe the dietary consumption of antioxidants for preventing a few age-related diseases such as cataracts. For the right eye health, one should eat wolfberries that highly provide zeaxanthin. High BP problems can create many eye problems such as hypertensive retinopathy and macular degeneration. High cholesterol also causes many problems in the blood supply of one’s eyes hence it is suggested to follow the right diet plan.
- Avoid doing smoking: It is another most essential tip to follow for the health of one’s eyes. Smoking can create a danger for many different eye diseases and vision issues. Smoking habits also greatly affect eye tissue. Smoking injures one’s blood vessels and forms atherosclerotic plaques that may divest one’s eye tissue of oxygen hence it is greatly suggested not to smoke.
- Do Exercise: It is another most crucial eye health care tip to follow. There are many eye movements one can do for the exercise of the eyes. Exercising the eyes with these movements will surely help in preventing different eye-related problems and preserving vision. According to research, aerobic exercise has the power to lessen eye pressure that is advantageous in the case of glaucoma.
- Do thorough eye exams: It is one of the most significant eye health care tips to follow. For protecting your vision, it is very essential to do a thorough eye test in adulthood only and afterward periodic exams as they get older relying on the individual danger for eye disease. It is strictly suggested to do annual eye exams for people whose age is 65.
Eyes are the most sensitive and crucial organs of one’s body hence it is greatly suggested to rightly take care of the health of the eyes. Taking the right care of eyes prevents your eyes from getting eye-related problems and diseases.