Hello friends, in this post we are going to tell you about “CBSE and ICSE“. In this post, we are going to tell you the difference between them. CBSE is a board and ICSE is an examination conducted by CISCE. Both are well-known school boards of India. And these two are spread all over the states, and the subjects taught in these two are almost the same.
The question that arises in front of most of the parents is which of these two boards will be good for their child. Because both are working in the field of education with their respective qualifications. So today we will try to overcome some of these problems. And explain “What is CBSE and ICSE and what is the difference between them?“. So let’s start today’s topic.
What is CBSE?
Follow the name of CBSE “Central Board of Secondary Education”. It was created on 3 November 1962 with headquarters in New Delhi, India. As of now, it has affiliates from 16000 schools in India as well as schools from 24 more countries. This affiliation is available to those schools which are up to the higher secondary level. And this includes all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, and some private schools as well as those schools which have been approved by the Central Government.
These boards are responsible for the final examination of the students of class 10th and 12th. Apart from this, examinations of the 10th and 12th All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE), AIEEE, and AIPMT, etc. are also conducted by this board.
What is ICSE?
The full form of ICSE is the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, which is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE). This is a non-government board of India, due to which there are about 1000 schools in India and also school affiliates from many countries outside. This is also a good option for the selection of the board. The subjects taught in it are of excellent quality.
Difference between CBSE and ICSE
- CBSE is a board that conducts the examination whereas ICSE is itself an examination which is conducted by CISCE.
- CBSE board has both English and Hindi medium whereas ICSE has only English medium.
- The system of grades runs in the CBSE board whereas in ICSE both grades and marks sheets are announced.
- It is believed that the ICSE syllabus is a bit tougher than the CBSE board.
- The full name of CBSE is the Central Board of Secondary Education, while the full name of ICSE is the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education.
- About 16000 schools in India are affiliated with the CBSE board while only 1000 schools in India are affiliated with ICSE.
We hope that you must have got some benefit from the information given by us and also you must have liked our blog.