Happy Children’s Day: Here’s what you need to know about how and why November 14 is celebrated in India
After the death of Jawaharlal Nehru in 1964, it was unanimously decided to celebrate his birthday on 14 November as Children’s Day in India. Nehru is often quoted as saying that children should always be nurtured with care and love, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.
When is Children’s Day Celebrated?
Children’s Day is celebrated in India every year on 14 November to commemorate the birthday of the country’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
This day is also called Bal Diwas, as November 14 is celebrated as a reminder that children are the real strength of the nation. The day also emphasizes the importance of educating and nurturing the younger generation.
What is the meaning of Children’s Day?
Children’s Day is celebrated globally to honor children with the aim of protecting children from working long hours in hazardous conditions and allowing access to the right education.
What is the theme of World Children’s Day 2021?
World Children’s Day 2021 will be celebrated on 20 November. This year’s theme is to help children recover from learning loss due to COVID-19.
Why is 14th November celebrated as Children’s Day?
In India, Children’s Day is celebrated on 14 November. This date was chosen as a tribute to the country’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, who was born on November 14, 1889. Nehru was known for his love for children and his belief that the fate of the country rests in the hands of the children.
Nehru’s birthday is celebrated as Children’s Day because he was very fond of children. He once said that children are the future of the country, so they should be given love. Children also had a feeling of affection for him and called him ‘Chacha Nehru’.
How is Children’s Day celebrated in India?
The day is widely celebrated in schools and other educational institutions to highlight the importance of education among children through educational plays and speeches, as well as through several leadership programs and competitions.
Special guests and dignitaries are also invited to educational institutions on this day to inspire, celebrate and empower children. Students from different schools also come together to participate in extra-curricular activities and observe the importance of this day.
On this Children’s Day, let’s know the top 5 child care tips:
What are the Top 5 Child Care Tips?
We all have been in the childhood phase and we have experienced most of the things that began children. However, with the changing generation, one has to change their mindset regarding child care. It is not so that what has been done with you, the same way you will be upbringing your kid. You need to keep yourself updated with the modern and advanced technologies, researches, and inventions in the field of child care and child development.
You might remember the whack on your face by your parents or teachers for not being obedient and disciplined. This confirms that discipline and child care do exist for a long time; however, it undergoes several changes with the changing era. There is more need to discipline the child and explain to him the cause behind every action you take or expect from him. It is not just enough to whack him on his back or avoid answering his questions.
Below given are 5 tips for child care and disciplining your kid:
- First of all, one has to make sure that you do not punish your kid for something that has happened by mistake, accidentally, or for an honest mistake. There is a possibility that other kids may tell stories or makeup tales about your son just for fun. So, it is better to reveal the truth; prior to deciding to punish.
- Then, it is significant to consider that if you punish your child see to it that it is a legitimate one. Do not keep the same punishment for every act like making him go to bed early. For instance, if the kid throws away his lunch plate, ask him to clean the floor and pick it up along with the dishes of other family members, as well.
- Then, see to it the child learns something from the punishment, the reason behind why he is being punished. If not, you have to clarify it for him. If you do not want to see such wrong behavior again, then take an effort to explain to him that why it is considered wrong.
- Never physically hit the child as this motivates violent behavior in him. Try to control your temper while disciplining the child. And lastly, don’t forget to calm and pat the child after some time, since he should not develop any sort of negative feelings about you or himself.
- Children are very delicate, you need to take great care while upbringing them.